This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sprouts Farmers Market. All opinions are 100% mine. It happens to me every time. When summer rolls around, I get excited to see all my favorite fruits and vegetables come back in season. Bright red strawberries don’t cost $6 per package anymore, and tomatoes actually have flavor. It is just the best! Now how about you use all of that delicious produce and make a quick and easy 15 minute meal? How does that sound? Well, this Summer Sirloin Salad with Basil Vinaigrette fits the bill. This perfect dish won’t heat up your kitchen or keep you from enjoying your summer.
I fondly remember as a kid being in charge of peeling the husks off of the sweet summer corn on the back deck. We always did this task outside because the silk would get everywhere. Taking the time to shuck fresh corn isn’t exactly a big time saver, so for an easy corn relish, reaching for a bag of frozen sweet corn is the way to go. You don’t even have to defrost the corn kernels. By the time the salad is ready they will have thawed on their own.
One of the biggest time savers I always keep in my fridge is a container of spring mix. The leaves are tender and mild in flavor, yet still a vivid color of green — a sign of amazing nutrition. Nothing is easier than opening a package of spring mix and tossing it into a bowl.
Now the dressing is really where a lot of the added flavor comes from for this Summer Sirloin Salad. All you need are five simple ingredients, a blender, and one minute to make a simple basil vinaigrette. Basil loves to grow in the heat of the summer (well, maybe not here in Arizona…) so it’s usually growing like a weed this time of year. Why not make the most of it?
Why Grass Fed?
I appreciate that Sprouts offers grass fed beef to their customers. Sprouts beef is always fresh and never frozen, plus it tastes like restaurant quality at a fraction of the price. Grass fed beef is naturally lower in fat, while also being higher in omega-3 fats that help support healthy inflammation levels. Grilling the sirloin is the most time consuming part of this dish, but the good news is that you can allow it to cook while you are assembling the rest of the meal. When the steak is done and ready to be sliced, dinner (or lunch) is served!
- 1 Sprouts grass-fed Sirloin Beef Filet (about 5-10 oz.)
- Salt, pepper and thyme to season the beef
- 5 ounce package spring mix lettuce
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- Corn Relish
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 orange bell peppers, seeded and diced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 3 tablespoon diced red onion
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Drizzle of Sprouts Brand Olive Oil
- Basil Vinaigrette
- ⅔ oz. package fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons Sprouts Brand Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sprouts Brand Organic Honey
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Pre-heat the grill to medium heat.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Cook on the grill until desired temperature (three to five minutes per side).
- Meanwhile divide the lettuce into two large serving bowls.
- In a separate bowl make the corn relish by adding the corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, salt, vinegar and olive oil tossing to combine (the corn should thaw quickly).
- When the beef is done cooking, remove from the grill and allow to rest a couple of minutes while building the salads.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Divide the corn relish mixture between the two salads.
- Top the salads with avocado slices.
- Slice the steak into strips and divide between the salads.
- Top each salad with basil dressing.
- Serve immediately.