I have been desperately trying to find more and more ways to incorporate the abundance of delicious summer fruit while it is still around. When food is in season that is when it is as its absolute best! Summer peaches are no exception. They are sweet, juicy, and bursting with flavor. The bonus is that peaches are packed with numerous health promoting compounds, minerals, and vitamins. Vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamins E and K, niacin, folate, iron, choline, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc and copper.
I wanted to come up with a new technique for making ice cream that does not involve needing an ice cream maker. I thought why not keep ice cream cubes on hand in the freezer? A quick wiz in the food processor would give you a creamy result without another kitchen tool.
One of the best parts is that you can make as many portions you want for the perfect result every time. There is no worse quality in ice cream then lacking a smooth and creamy texture. Need ice cream for one? Simply add a few cubes of the blended peaches and cream mixture to your food processor and in a few minutes you can enjoy peach ice cream!
I am a big fan of “stuff” in my ice cream so why not add in some raw cobbler pieces to send it over the top? Are you with me?
Here in Arizona we can grow peaches, believe it or not. We pick them in the very early part of the summer so I will definitely keep this recipe handy for the next time we go peach picking. How have you been using up your summer fruits?
- 4 large ripe peaches, pitted
- 1-5.4 ounce can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or pure stevia for sugar free)
- 1 cup walnuts (or nut of choice)
- 6 large dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- In a blender combined the peaches and coconut cream until smooth.
- Add the mixture to ice cube trays and freeze until set solid (about 4 hours)
- In a food processor pulse the nuts, dates, cinnamon, and salt until crumbly.
- Add the peaches and cream ice cubes (all of them or desired portion) to the same food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, scrapping the sides as needed.
- Fold in the cobbler mix to the peach ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
*choose organic ingredients when possible.