Pumpkin Apple Fruit Leather
- 2 cups pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (try to get a brand made with just apples)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix everything in a blender to combined.
- On two full size lined baking sheets divide the mixture.
- With a off set spatula or back of a spoon even out the mixture to cover the sheet.
- You want it thin but not to the point where you can see the sheet. (don't spread it too thin or you may risk overcooking, you wont need to spread it out to cover the pans completely)
- Put the sheets in the low oven for about 3- 4 hours. (please watch this closely, cooking time may vary depending on your oven)
- You want the leather to be dry to the touch. Some thicker areas may be a bit sticky but should be ok once cooled.
- Don't over cook or you will have brittle.
- Cool the leather. I cut into strips with a pizza roller.
- Roll up and store in an airtight container.
* choose organic ingredients when possible